It's fast approaching Black Friday, the crazy time of year when the giants of the retail world offer massive discounts that smaller brands just can't compete with.
This leads to consumers rushing to the shops or online to grab themselves a bargain, and a lot of the time, it's purchases that aren't needed. It is estimated that Brits will spend a whopping £4.8 billion on Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, with the average spend per person being £275!
The sad thing is, research has shown that up to 80% of Black Friday purchases (mainly electronics and clothing) will end up in landfill or incinerated after a very short life span, plus all the plastic packaging that comes with it!
With all the recent focus on COP26 and the climate crisis, the world could do without Black Friday right now, so here at The Natural Beauty Box, we are joining the Green Friday Movement, challenging consumers not to rush to the shops to make mindless purchases just because of the tempting big discounts, but instead to make conscious ethical choices, that won't have a negative impact on our beautiful planet.
What are we doing different at The Natural Beauty Box?
- I am extending the Green Friday Movement period from one weekend to 12 days (starting Friday 19th November and lasting until 29th November). This gives consumers more time to think about if they want to make a purchase, and takes away the anxiety that comes with Black Friday.
- During the Green Friday Movement period, I also want to give something back to our beautiful planet, so for every box sold, we will be donating £1 to World Land Trust, a charity with a mission to protect and sustainably manage natural ecosystems across the globe with an emphasis on threatened and endangered species. Since they were formed they have protected 2,351,275 acres of land and planted 2,357,675 trees. Read more about them here: https://www.worldlandtrust.org/what-we-do/
- I will be recommending lots of ethical & sustainable green beauty and lifestyle brands across our social media channels throughout this period, so make sure you are following to discover some fabulous new brands and possible gift ideas.
- I will be sending out a Green Friday newsletter with tips on how you can help the Green Friday Movement, so make sure you are subscribed to receive emails.
- There are some past boxes on sale on the website already with huge savings to be had of over £30 per box!
- The Noël Christmas collection is available for pre-order and will be shipped w/c 13th December to ensure it arrives in time for Christmas!
- I have added Gift Subscriptions to the catalogue so you can order boxes for either 3, 6 or 12 months and they will not automatically renew after the recipient has reviewed their boxes.
A big thank you to all my lovely customers for all your purchases now and in the past. Not only do they help small businesses like myself, but also all the small brands included in the monthly boxes.